Kasaba Police Station
Came Into Existence
Kasaba police station was opened on 17.04.1945 at Palakkad Tippu Sulthan Fort for collecting tax for the British Government from the public . The first Inspector of Police was Sri. C.C. Vargheese. After Independence Sri. Venkitachalam was in charge as Sub Inspector on 14.11.1947. it was on 25.01.1973 that the station shifted to the temporary building situated at Pudussery , 5 KMs to the east of Palakkad Town . Later on 3.10.1979 the station started functioning in own building at Pudussery, further on 23.07.2006 to the present building at Pudussery.
Kasaba Police Station consists of 3 Panchayath namely, Pudussery, Elappully and Marutharoad.
Boarder Police Stations
- North : Malampuzha PS
- South : Chittur PS and Kozhinjanpara PS
- East : Walayar PS
- West : Town South and Town North PS
- Judicial first class magistrate -I,Palakkad
Important Places and Rivers
Korayar Puzha passes through Elapully Panchayath and Pudussery Pachayath in Kasaba Police Station limit. The river originates from Anamalai, Tamilnadu flows west and falls in to the Arabian Sea.
Various projects functioning at Kasaba Police Station
Student Police Cadet Project
The project is constructed to build a new generation bound by the law with discipline, National Integrity, Social Commitment, service orientation and patriotism.
2 Sections of 22 Students each for boys and girls are selected from 8th Std. each year and trained according to the activity calendar. By setting the sections as example for the rest of the students, the targeted goal is achieved.
Women Help Desk
For giving special care and kind reception to the women coming to the Station for various needs women help desk is functioning in the police Station.
For providing care and help to the Senior Citizens under the leadership of Elder Friendly Officer, the unit of CARE is being functioned in the Police Station.
Clean Campus Safe Campus
For providing guidelines to the Students against addiction towards Drugs, Alcohol, and other Tobacco items. Clean Campus Safe Campus unit as well as School Protection Group Unit with the participation of Excise, Education, Local Self Government, PTA, Students and Public are functioning in 10 Schools within Kasaba Police Station Limit.
Important Establishments And Institutions
- Agricultural Office, Elapully
- Ayurvedha Dispensary, Pudussery
- Central Excise and Sale Tax office Menonpara
- Central Silk Board Pallatheri, Elapully
- Co- Operative Weaving Society , Elapully
- Elapully Village Office 1 & 2 Para
- ESI Office, Chandranagar
- FACT – Pirivusala
- Grama Panchayath office Elapully
- Khadi Bhavan Vengodi
- KSFE Chandranagar
- Panchayat Office Elappully
- Post Office , Chandranagar
- Post Office, Pudussery
- State Seed Farm Kalmandapam , Palakkad
- Telephone Exchange Kanjikode
- Vetinery Hospital Elapully
- Village Extension Office, Elapully
- Village Office Pudussery West, Pudussery
- Village Office, Marutha Road
- Ahaliya Eye Hospital, Kozhippara
- Govt. Ayurvedha Hospital, Pudussery
- Govt. Hospital, Para Elapully
- Bharat matha Higher secondary School, Chandranagar
- Govt. High School, Tenari, Elapully
- Govt. Higher Secondary School, Kunnachi, Elapully
- Govt. Technical School, Koottupatha
- Holy Trinity School, Kanjikode
- Kendriya Vidyalayam, Kinar Stop, Pudussery
- SeventhDay School, Pudussery
- St. Sebastain School, Challekkad , Pudussery
- Dhanalakshmi Bank, Chandranagar
- HDFC, Chandranagar
- SBI , I/F Of ITI Kanjikode
- SBT, Narukampully, Pudussery
- Sree Kurumba Bhagavathy Temple, Pudussery
- Puthukulangara Bhagavathy Temple, Venoli
- Ramassery Mannath Bhagavathy Temple
- Thenari Temple
- Venkurussi Bhagavathy Temple
- Juma Masjid , Chadayan Kalayi
- Juma Masjid, Para
- Orthodex Church, Chandranagar